Knee Pain and foot function.
Treatment of knee pain.
The most recent guidelines to treat knee pain are:-
1. Strengthening the muscles supporting and controlling the knee.
2. Use of foot orthotics to help treat abnormal foot function.
How does a Podiatrist treat foot pain?
1. Assessment determining the actual cause of the knee pain.
2. Assess for reduced joint movement and muscle tension in feet, ankle, knee and hip.
3. Assess gait - walking and running.
4. Review current foot wear.
5. Give a treatment plan. Footwear changes, foot orthotics, stretching and strengthening of muscles.
6. Group care-Physiotherapy, massage therapy, GP or orthopaedic surgery.