Jodi Tanner has been practising podiatry for 21 years
She has completed undergraduate degree in Podiatry from the Queensland University of Technology and a Human Movement Studies degree majoring in Exercise management from The University Of Queensland.
Jodi worked for Queensland Health as a podiatrist providing care to diabetes and high risk feet. She ran an orthotic manufacture service which provided orthotics for diabetes and orthopaedic patients. She has high level skills in diabetic foot assessment and treatment of diabetic foot problems.
Jodi completed a postgraduate Certificate in Podiatry studies at the University of South Australia. Where she studied paediatric podiatry, podiatric biomechanics and sports podiatry.
Jodi has worked in the private sector caring for children foot problems for 21 years and enjoys treating children.
Interest in Podiatry care.
1. Foot and lower extremity biomechanics. Providing treatment based on biomechanical findings.
2. Child podiatry particularly the area of treating leg and foot pain that limits activity.
3. Falls prevention in elderly.
4. Assessment of arterial flow and promotion of blood flow to prevent foot and leg amputation. Exercise prescription and encouraging movement.
5. Footwear selection for the individual.
Jodi Tanner has worked with all age groups which gives her understanding of the progression of foot disease through the lifetime.
She is a member of The Australian Podiatry Association.
Jodi has a keen interest in exercise and sport having played rugby union, netball, basketball, golf, triathlon and long distance running.
Jodi currently enjoys resistance training, golf, walking and running and trying to keep up with her daughter. They enjoy scootering, swimming and playing at the parks.
She looks forward to helping you improve your foot function, resolve foot pain and allow you to walk and run on air.